Dictionary Results for picture|
1. picture - noun
· a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
Synonym(s): image, icon, ikon
2. picture - noun
· graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface; "a small painting by Picasso"; "he bought the painting as an investment"; "his pictures hang in the Louvre"
3. picture - noun
· a clear and telling mental image; "he described his mental picture of his assailant"; "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"; "the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
Synonym(s): mental_picture, impression
Hypernym(s): image, mental_image
4. picture - noun
· a situation treated as an observable object; "the political picture is favorable"; "the religious scene in England has changed in the last century"
Hypernym(s): situation, state_of_affairs
5. picture - noun
· illustrations used to decorate or explain a text; "the dictionary had many pictures"
6. picture - noun
· a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; "they went to a movie every Saturday night"; "the film was shot on location"
Synonym(s): movie, film, moving_picture, moving-picture_show, motion_picture, motion-picture_show, picture_show, pic, flick
Hypernym(s): show, product, production
7. picture - noun
· the visible part of a television transmission; "they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone"
8. picture - noun
· a graphic or vivid verbal description; "too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures"; "the author gives a depressing picture of life in Poland"; "the pamphlet contained brief characterizations of famous Vermonters"
Synonym(s): word_picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, characterization, characterisation
Hypernym(s): description, verbal_description
9. picture - noun
· a typical example of some state or quality; "the very picture of a modern general"; "she was the picture of despair"
Hypernym(s): typification, exemplification
10. picture - noun
· a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide or in digital format
Synonym(s): photograph, photo, exposure, pic
11. picture - verb
· imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
Synonym(s): visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, image
Hypernym(s): imagine, conceive_of, ideate, envisage
12. picture - verb
· show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
Synonym(s): depict, render, show
Hypernym(s): represent, interpret
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.