1. represent - verb
· take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to; "Because of the sound changes in the course of history, an `h' in Greek stands for an `s' in Latin"
2. represent - verb
· express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol; "What does the Statue of Liberty symbolize?"
3. represent - verb
· be representative or typical for; "This period is represented by Beethoven"
4. represent - verb
· be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute; "I represent the silent majority"
5. represent - verb
· serve as a means of expressing something; "The flower represents a young girl"
6. represent - verb
· be characteristic of; "This compositional style is exemplified by this fugue"
7. represent - verb
· form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
8. represent - verb
· be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
9. represent - verb
· create an image or likeness of; "The painter represented his wife as a young girl"
10. represent - verb
· play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband's master"
11. represent - verb
· perform (a play), especially on a stage; "we are going to stage `Othello'"
12. represent - verb
· describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality; "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
13. represent - verb
· point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance; "our parents represented to us the need for more caution"
14. represent - verb
· bring forward and present to the mind; "We presented the arguments to him"; "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
15. represent - verb
· to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.