Dictionary Results for impression|
1. impression - noun
· a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
Synonym(s): feeling, belief, notion, opinion
Hypernym(s): idea, thought
2. impression - noun
· an outward appearance; "he made a good impression"; "I wanted to create an impression of success"; "she retained that bold effect in her reproductions of the original painting"
Hypernym(s): appearance, visual_aspect
3. impression - noun
· a clear and telling mental image; "he described his mental picture of his assailant"; "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"; "the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
Synonym(s): mental_picture, picture
Hypernym(s): image, mental_image
4. impression - noun
· a concavity in a surface produced by pressing; "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
Synonym(s): depression, imprint
Hypernym(s): concave_shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
5. impression - noun
· a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving; "he put his stamp on the envelope"
6. impression - noun
· all the copies of a work printed at one time; "they ran off an initial printing of 2000 copies"
7. impression - noun
· (dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster; "the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay"
8. impression - noun
· an impressionistic portrayal of a person; "he did a funny impression of a politician"
Hypernym(s): portrayal, characterization, enactment, personation
9. impression - noun
· the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another; "he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax"
Hypernym(s): press, pressure, pressing
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.