Dictionary Results for pressure|
1. pressure - noun
· the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit) or in dynes (cgs unit); "the compressed gas exerts an increased pressure"
Synonym(s): pressure_level, force_per_unit_area
2. pressure - noun
· a force that compels; "the public brought pressure to bear on the government"
3. pressure - noun
· the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure; "he gave the button a press"; "he used pressure to stop the bleeding"; "at the pressing of a button"
Synonym(s): press, pressing
Hypernym(s): push, pushing
4. pressure - noun
· the state of demanding notice or attention; "the insistence of their hunger"; "the press of business matters"
Synonym(s): imperativeness, insistence, insistency, press
5. pressure - noun
· the somatic sensation that results from applying force to an area of skin; "the sensitivity of his skin to pressure and temperature was normal"
Hypernym(s): somesthesia, somaesthesia, somatesthesia, somatic_sensation
6. pressure - noun
· an oppressive condition of physical or mental or social or economic distress
7. pressure - noun
· the pressure exerted by the atmosphere
Synonym(s): atmospheric_pressure, air_pressure
8. pressure - verb
· to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means; "She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
Synonym(s): coerce, hale, squeeze, force
Hypernym(s): compel, oblige, obligate
9. pressure - verb
· exert pressure on someone through threats
Synonym(s): blackmail, blackjack
Hypernym(s): influence, act_upon, work
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.