Dictionary Results for depression|
1. depression - noun
· a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
Hypernym(s): psychological_state, psychological_condition, mental_state, mental_condition
2. depression - noun
· a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment
Synonym(s): slump, economic_crisis
Hypernym(s): economic_condition, crisis
3. depression - noun
· a sunken or depressed geological formation
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
4. depression - noun
· sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
Hypernym(s): sadness, unhappiness
5. depression - noun
· a period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment
Synonym(s): Depression, Great_Depression
6. depression - noun
· an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation; "a low moved in over night bringing sleet and snow"
7. depression - noun
· a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention
Synonym(s): depressive_disorder, clinical_depression
Hypernym(s): affective_disorder, major_affective_disorder, emotional_disorder, emotional_disturbance
8. depression - noun
· a concavity in a surface produced by pressing; "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
Synonym(s): impression, imprint
Hypernym(s): concave_shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
9. depression - noun
· angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
10. depression - noun
· pushing down; "depression of the space bar on the typewriter"
Hypernym(s): push, pushing
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.