Dictionary Results for pushing|
1. pushing - noun
· the act of applying force in order to move something away; "he gave the door a hard push"; "the pushing is good exercise"
Hypernym(s): propulsion, actuation
2. push - verb
· move with force; "He pushed the table into a corner"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
3. push - verb
· press, drive, or impel (someone) to action or completion of an action; "He pushed her to finish her doctorate"
Hypernym(s): urge, urge_on, press, exhort
4. push - verb
· make publicity for; try to sell (a product); "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model"; "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops"
Synonym(s): advertise, advertize, promote
5. push - verb
· strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
Synonym(s): tug, labor, labour, drive
Hypernym(s): fight, struggle
6. push - verb
· press against forcefully without moving; "she pushed against the wall with all her strength"
7. push - verb
· approach a certain age or speed; "She is pushing fifty"
Hypernym(s): approach, near, come_on, go_up, draw_near, draw_close, come_near
8. push - verb
· exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
Synonym(s): crusade, fight, press, campaign, agitate
Hypernym(s): advertise, advertize, promote, push
9. push - verb
· sell or promote the sale of (illegal goods such as drugs); "The guy hanging around the school is pushing drugs"
Hypernym(s): deal, sell, trade
10. push - verb
· move strenuously and with effort; "The crowd pushed forward"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
11. push - verb
· make strenuous pushing movements during birth to expel the baby; "`Now push hard,' said the doctor to the woman"
Hypernym(s): push, force
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.