Dictionary Results for submit|
1. submit - verb
· refer for judgment or consideration; "The lawyers submitted the material to the court"
2. submit - verb
· put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
Synonym(s): state, put_forward, posit
Hypernym(s): propose, suggest, advise
3. submit - verb
· yield to the control of another
4. submit - verb
· hand over formally
5. submit - verb
· refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
Synonym(s): relegate, pass_on
6. submit - verb
· yield to another's wish or opinion; "The government bowed to the military pressure"
Synonym(s): bow, defer, accede, give_in
Hypernym(s): yield, give_in, succumb, knuckle_under, buckle_under
7. submit - verb
· accept or undergo, often unwillingly; "We took a pay cut"
8. submit - verb
· make an application as for a job or funding; "We put in a grant to the NSF"
9. submit - verb
· make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
10. submit - verb
· accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"
Synonym(s): resign, reconcile
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.