1. apply - verb
· put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can't use this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied to many projects"; "How do you utilize this tool?"; "I apply this rule to get good results"; "use the plastic bags to store the food"; "He doesn't know how to use a computer"
2. apply - verb
· be pertinent or relevant or applicable; "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
3. apply - verb
· ask (for something); "He applied for a leave of absence"; "She applied for college"; "apply for a job"
4. apply - verb
· apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
5. apply - verb
· be applicable to; as to an analysis; "This theory lends itself well to our new data"
6. apply - verb
· give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
7. apply - verb
· avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
8. apply - verb
· ensure observance of laws and rules; "Apply the rules to everyone"
9. apply - verb
· refer (a word or name) to a person or thing; "He applied this racial slur to me!"
10. apply - verb
· apply oneself to; "Please apply yourself to your homework"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.