Dictionary Results for distribute|
1. distribute - verb
· administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
Synonym(s): administer, mete_out, deal, parcel_out, lot, dispense, shell_out, deal_out, dish_out, allot, dole_out
2. distribute - verb
· distribute or disperse widely; "The invaders spread their language all over the country"
3. distribute - verb
· make available; "The publisher wants to distribute the book in Asia"
4. distribute - verb
· give to several people; "The teacher handed out the exams"
Synonym(s): give_out, hand_out, pass_out
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
5. distribute - verb
· cause to be distributed; "This letter is being circulated among the faculty"
Synonym(s): circulate, pass_around, pass_on
Hypernym(s): move, displace
6. distribute - verb
· cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
Synonym(s): circulate, circularize, circularise, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass_around
Hypernym(s): publicize, publicise, air, bare
7. distribute - verb
· spread throughout a given area; "the function distributes the values evenly"
Hypernym(s): spread, scatter, spread_out
8. distribute - verb
· be distributed or spread, as in statistical analyses; "Values distribute"
Hypernym(s): exist, be
9. distribute - verb
· be mathematically distributive
10. distribute - verb
· to arrange in a systematic order; "stagger the chairs in the lecture hall"
Hypernym(s): arrange, set_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.