Dictionary Results for practice|
1. practice - noun
· a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
2. practice - noun
· systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
Synonym(s): exercise, drill, practice_session, recitation
Hypernym(s): training, preparation, grooming
3. practice - noun
· translating an idea into action; "a hard theory to put into practice"; "differences between theory and praxis of communism"
Hypernym(s): implementation, effectuation
4. practice - noun
· the exercise of a profession; "the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
Hypernym(s): use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise
5. practice - noun
· knowledge of how something is usually done; "it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
Hypernym(s): cognition, knowledge, noesis
6. practice - verb
· carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
Synonym(s): practise, exercise, do
7. practice - verb
· learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
Synonym(s): drill, exercise, practise
Hypernym(s): learn, study, read, take
8. practice - verb
· engage in a rehearsal (of)
Synonym(s): rehearse, practise
Hypernym(s): perform, execute, do
9. practice - verb
· avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
Synonym(s): apply, use
10. practice - verb
· engage in or perform; "practice safe sex"; "commit a random act of kindness"
Hypernym(s): prosecute, engage, pursue
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.