Dictionary Results for put_on|
1. put_on - verb
· put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
Synonym(s): wear, get_into, don, assume
Hypernym(s): dress, get_dressed
2. put_on - verb
· add to something existing; "She put on a sun room"
3. put_on - verb
· put on the stove or ready for cooking; "put on the tea, please!"
Hypernym(s): cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
4. put_on - verb
· carry out (performances); "They turned in a splendid effort"; "They turned in top jobs for the second straight game"
Hypernym(s): make, create
5. put_on - verb
· add to the odometer; "He put on 1,000 miles on this trip"
6. put_on - verb
· prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance; "mount a theater production"; "mount an attack"; "mount a play"
Hypernym(s): organize, organise, prepare, devise, get_up, machinate
7. put_on - verb
· apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
8. put_on - verb
· fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
Synonym(s): gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, take_in, put_one_over, put_one_across
Hypernym(s): deceive, betray, lead_astray
9. put_on - verb
· increase (one's body weight); "She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
10. put_on - adjective
· adopted in order to deceive; "an assumed name"; "an assumed cheerfulness"; "a fictitious address"; "fictive sympathy"; "a pretended interest"; "a put-on childish voice"; "sham modesty"
Synonym(s): assumed, false, fictitious, fictive, pretended, sham
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.