Dictionary Results for deal|
1. deal - noun
· a particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
Synonym(s): trade, business_deal
Hypernym(s): transaction, dealing, dealings
2. deal - noun
· an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
Hypernym(s): agreement, understanding
3. deal - noun
· (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
Synonym(s): batch, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
Hypernym(s): large_indefinite_quantity, large_indefinite_amount
4. deal - noun
· a plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
Hypernym(s): board, plank
5. deal - noun
· wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
6. deal - noun
· the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
7. deal - noun
· the type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement); "he got a good deal on his car"
Hypernym(s): result, resultant, final_result, outcome, termination
8. deal - noun
· the act of distributing playing cards; "the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
9. deal - noun
· the act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
Hypernym(s): allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
10. deal - verb
· act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonym(s): cover, treat, handle, plow, address
Hypernym(s): broach, initiate
11. deal - verb
· take into consideration for exemplifying purposes; "Take the case of China"; "Consider the following case"
Synonym(s): consider, take, look_at
12. deal - verb
· take action with respect to (someone or something); "How are we going to deal with this problem?"; "The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
Hypernym(s): act, move
13. deal - verb
· succeed in doing, achieving, or producing (something) with the limited or inadequate means available; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
Synonym(s): cope, get_by, make_out, make_do, contend, grapple, manage
Hypernym(s): act, move
14. deal - verb
· administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
Synonym(s): distribute, administer, mete_out, parcel_out, lot, dispense, shell_out, deal_out, dish_out, allot, dole_out
15. deal - verb
· do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
Synonym(s): sell, trade
16. deal - verb
· be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
Synonym(s): manage, care, handle
Hypernym(s): control, command
17. deal - verb
· behave in a certain way towards others; "He deals fairly with his employees"
Hypernym(s): behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
18. deal - verb
· distribute cards to the players in a game; "Who's dealing?"
Hypernym(s): distribute, administer, mete_out, deal, parcel_out, lot, dispense, shell_out, deal_out, dish_out, allot, dole_out
19. deal - verb
· direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
Synonym(s): conduct, carry_on
Hypernym(s): manage, deal, care, handle
20. deal - verb
· give out as one's portion or share
Synonym(s): share, divvy_up, portion_out, apportion
Hypernym(s): distribute, give_out, hand_out, pass_out
21. deal - verb
· give (a specific card) to a player; "He dealt me the Queen of Spades"
Hypernym(s): pass, hand, reach, pass_on, turn_over, give
22. deal - verb
· sell; "deal hashish"
Hypernym(s): deal, sell, trade
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.