Dictionary Results for mess|
1. mess - noun
· a state of confusion and disorderliness; "the house was a mess"; "she smoothed the mussiness of the bed"
Synonym(s): messiness, muss, mussiness
Hypernym(s): disorderliness, disorder
2. mess - noun
· informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
Synonym(s): fix, hole, jam, muddle, pickle, kettle_of_fish
3. mess - noun
· soft semiliquid food; "a mess of porridge"
Hypernym(s): nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
4. mess - noun
· a meal eaten in a mess hall by service personnel
Hypernym(s): meal, repast
5. mess - noun
· a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
Hypernym(s): dining_room, dining-room
6. mess - noun
· (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
Synonym(s): batch, deal, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
Hypernym(s): large_indefinite_quantity, large_indefinite_amount
7. mess - verb
· eat in a mess hall
8. mess - verb
· make a mess of or create disorder in; "He messed up his room"
Hypernym(s): disorder, disarray
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.