Dictionary Results for command|
1. command - noun
· an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
Synonym(s): bid, bidding, dictation
2. command - noun
· a military unit or region under the control of a single officer
Hypernym(s): military_unit, military_force, military_group, force
3. command - noun
· the power or authority to command; "an admiral in command"
Hypernym(s): authority, authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so
4. command - noun
· availability for use; "the materials at the command of the potters grew"
Hypernym(s): handiness, accessibility, availability, availableness
5. command - noun
· a position of highest authority; "the corporation has just undergone a change in command"
Hypernym(s): status, position
6. command - noun
· great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity; "a good command of French"
Synonym(s): control, mastery
7. command - noun
· (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
Synonym(s): instruction, statement, program_line
Hypernym(s): code, computer_code
8. command - verb
· be in command of; "The general commanded a huge army"
Hypernym(s): dominate, master
9. command - verb
· make someone do something
Hypernym(s): order, tell, enjoin, say
10. command - verb
· demand as one's due; "This speaker commands a high fee"; "The author commands a fair hearing from his readers"
Hypernym(s): demand, exact
11. command - verb
· look down on; "The villa dominates the town"
Synonym(s): dominate, overlook, overtop
12. command - verb
· exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget"; "Command the military forces"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.