1. tell - noun
· a Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer; according to legend an Austrian governor compelled him to shoot an apple from his son's head with his crossbow (which he did successfully without mishap)
2. tell - verb
· express in words; "He said that he wanted to marry her"; "tell me what is bothering you"; "state your opinion"; "state your name"
3. tell - verb
· let something be known; "Tell them that you will be late"
4. tell - verb
· narrate or give a detailed account of; "Tell what happened"; "The father told a story to his child"
5. tell - verb
· give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority; "I said to him to go home"; "She ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed"
6. tell - verb
· discern or comprehend; "He could tell that she was unhappy"
7. tell - verb
· inform positively and with certainty and confidence; "I tell you that man is a crook!"
8. tell - verb
· give evidence; "he was telling on all his former colleague"
9. tell - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.