Dictionary Results for master|
1. master - noun
· an artist of consummate skill; "a master of the violin"; "one of the old masters"
Hypernym(s): artist, creative_person
2. master - noun
· a person who has general authority over others
Synonym(s): overlord, lord
Hypernym(s): ruler, swayer
3. master - noun
· a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
Synonym(s): victor, superior
Hypernym(s): combatant, battler, belligerent, fighter, scrapper
4. master - noun
· directs the work of others
5. master - noun
· presiding officer of a school
Synonym(s): headmaster, schoolmaster
Hypernym(s): principal, school_principal, head_teacher, head
6. master - noun
· an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
Synonym(s): master_copy, original
7. master - noun
· an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
Synonym(s): captain, sea_captain, skipper
Hypernym(s): officer, ship%27s_officer
8. master - noun
· someone who holds a master's degree from academic institution
Hypernym(s): scholar, scholarly_person, bookman, student
9. master - noun
· an authority qualified to teach apprentices
10. master - noun
· key that secures entrance everywhere
Synonym(s): passkey, passe-partout, master_key
11. master - verb
· be or become completely proficient or skilled in; "She mastered Japanese in less than two years"
12. master - verb
· get on top of; deal with successfully; "He overcame his shyness"
Synonym(s): overcome, get_over, subdue, surmount
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
13. master - verb
· have dominance or the power to defeat over; "Her pain completely mastered her"; "The methods can master the problems"
Hypernym(s): control, command
14. master - verb
· have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?"
15. master - adjective
· most important element; "the chief aim of living"; "the main doors were of solid glass"; "the principal rivers of America"; "the principal example"; "policemen were primary targets"; "the master bedroom"; "a master switch"
Synonym(s): chief, main, primary, principal
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.