1. bid - noun
· an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
2. bid - noun
· an attempt to get something; "they made a futile play for power"; "he made a bid to gain attention"
3. bid - noun
· a formal proposal to buy at a specified price
4. bid - noun
· (bridge) the number of tricks a bridge player is willing to contract to make
5. bid - verb
· propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
6. bid - verb
· invoke upon; "wish you a nice evening"; "bid farewell"
7. bid - verb
· ask for or request earnestly; "The prophet bid all people to become good persons"
8. bid - verb
· make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands; "He called his trump"
9. bid - verb
· make a serious effort to attain something; "His campaign bid for the attention of the poor population"
10. bid - verb
· ask someone in a friendly way to do something
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.