Dictionary Results for bidding|
1. bidding - noun
· an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
Synonym(s): command, bid, dictation
2. bidding - noun
· a request to be present; "they came at his bidding"
3. bidding - noun
· (bridge) the number of tricks a bridge player is willing to contract to make
4. bid - verb
· propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
Synonym(s): offer, tender
5. bid - verb
· invoke upon; "wish you a nice evening"; "bid farewell"
Hypernym(s): greet, recognize, recognise
6. bid - verb
· ask for or request earnestly; "The prophet bid all people to become good persons"
Synonym(s): beseech, entreat, adjure, press, conjure
7. bid - verb
· make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands; "He called his trump"
8. bid - verb
· make a serious effort to attain something; "His campaign bid for the attention of the poor population"
9. bid - verb
· ask someone in a friendly way to do something
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.