Dictionary Results for compact|
1. compact - noun
· a small cosmetics case with a mirror; to be carried in a woman's purse
2. compact - noun
· a signed written agreement between two or more parties (nations) to perform some action
Synonym(s): covenant, concordat
3. compact - noun
· a small and economical car
Hypernym(s): car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
4. compact - verb
· have the property of being packable or of compacting easily; "This powder compacts easily"; "Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
5. compact - verb
· compress into a wad; "wad paper into the box"
Synonym(s): pack, bundle, wad
Hypernym(s): arrange, set_up
6. compact - verb
· make more compact by or as if by pressing; "compress the data"
Synonym(s): compress, pack_together
Hypernym(s): wedge, squeeze, force
7. compact - verb
· squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
Synonym(s): compress, constrict, squeeze, contract, press
8. compact - adjective
· closely and firmly united or packed together; "compact soil"; "compact clusters of flowers"
9. compact - adjective
· having a short and solid form or stature; "a wrestler of compact build"; "he was tall and heavyset"; "stocky legs"; "a thickset young man"
Synonym(s): heavyset, stocky, thick, thickset
10. compact - adjective
· briefly giving the gist of something; "a short and compendious book"; "a compact style is brief and pithy"; "succinct comparisons"; "a summary formulation of a wide-ranging subject"
Synonym(s): compendious, succinct, summary
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.