Dictionary Results for bother|
1. bother - noun
· an angry disturbance; "he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
Synonym(s): fuss, trouble, hassle
Hypernym(s): perturbation, disturbance
2. bother - noun
· something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
Synonym(s): annoyance, botheration, pain, infliction, pain_in_the_neck, pain_in_the_ass
3. bother - verb
· take the trouble to do something; concern oneself; "He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"; "Don't bother, please"
Synonym(s): trouble_oneself, trouble, inconvenience_oneself
Hypernym(s): strive, reach, strain
4. bother - verb
· cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
Synonym(s): annoy, rag, get_to, get_at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
5. bother - verb
· to cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
Synonym(s): trouble, put_out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode
Hypernym(s): affect, impact, bear_upon, bear_on, touch_on, touch
6. bother - verb
· intrude or enter uninvited; "Don't bother the professor while she is grading term papers"
Hypernym(s): intrude, irrupt
7. bother - verb
· make nervous or agitated; "The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster"
Hypernym(s): agitate, rouse, turn_on, charge, commove, excite, charge_up
8. bother - verb
· make confused or perplexed or puzzled
Hypernym(s): confuse, flurry, disconcert, put_off
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.