Dictionary Results for chafe|
1. chafe - noun
· soreness and warmth caused by friction; "he had a nasty chafe on his knee"
Hypernym(s): tenderness, soreness, rawness
2. chafe - noun
· anger produced by some annoying irritation
Synonym(s): annoyance, vexation
Hypernym(s): anger, choler, ire
3. chafe - verb
· become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
Synonym(s): gall, fret
4. chafe - verb
· feel extreme irritation or anger; "He was chafing at her suggestion that he stay at home while she went on a vacation"
Hypernym(s): feel, experience
5. chafe - verb
· cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
Synonym(s): annoy, rag, get_to, bother, get_at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, devil
6. chafe - verb
· tear or wear off the skin or make sore by abrading; "This leash chafes the dog's neck"
Hypernym(s): abrade, corrade, abrase, rub_down, rub_off
7. chafe - verb
· cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
Synonym(s): rub, fray, fret, scratch
Hypernym(s): touch, adjoin, meet, contact
8. chafe - verb
· warm by rubbing, as with the hands
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.