1. telling - noun
· an act of narration; "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
2. telling - noun
· informing by words
3. telling - noun
· disclosing information or giving evidence about another
4. tell - verb
· express in words; "He said that he wanted to marry her"; "tell me what is bothering you"; "state your opinion"; "state your name"
5. tell - verb
· let something be known; "Tell them that you will be late"
6. tell - verb
· narrate or give a detailed account of; "Tell what happened"; "The father told a story to his child"
7. tell - verb
· give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority; "I said to him to go home"; "She ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed"
8. tell - verb
· discern or comprehend; "He could tell that she was unhappy"
9. tell - verb
· inform positively and with certainty and confidence; "I tell you that man is a crook!"
10. tell - verb
· give evidence; "he was telling on all his former colleague"
11. tell - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
12. telling - adjective
· disclosing unintentionally something concealed; "a telling smile"; "a telltale panel of lights"; "a telltale patch of oil on the water marked where the boat went down"
13. telling - adjective
· powerfully persuasive; "a cogent argument"; "a telling presentation"; "a weighty argument"
14. telling - adjective
· producing a strong effect; "gave an impressive performance as Othello"; "a telling gesture"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.