1. state - noun
· the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation; "his state is in the deep south"
2. state - noun
· the way something is with respect to its main attributes; "the current state of knowledge"; "his state of health"; "in a weak financial state"
3. state - noun
· the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state; "the state has lowered its income tax"
4. state - noun
· a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation's capitol"; "the country's largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land"
5. state - noun
· (chemistry) the three traditional states of matter are solids (fixed shape and volume) and liquids (fixed volume and shaped by the container) and gases (filling the container); "the solid state of water is called ice"
6. state - noun
· a state of depression or agitation; "he was in such a state you just couldn't reason with him"
7. state - noun
· the territory occupied by a nation; "he returned to the land of his birth"; "he visited several European countries"
8. state - noun
· the federal department in the United States that sets and maintains foreign policies; "the Department of State was created in 1789"
9. state - verb
· express in words; "He said that he wanted to marry her"; "tell me what is bothering you"; "state your opinion"; "state your name"
10. state - verb
· put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
11. state - verb
· indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.