1. sweep - noun
· a wide scope; "the sweep of the plains"
2. sweep - noun
· someone who cleans soot from chimneys
3. sweep - noun
· winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
4. sweep - noun
· a long oar used in an open boat
5. sweep - noun
· (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running around the end of the line
6. sweep - noun
· a movement in an arc; "a sweep of his arm"
7. sweep - verb
· sweep across or over; "Her long skirt brushed the floor"; "A gasp swept cross the audience"
8. sweep - verb
· move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions; "The diva swept into the room"; "Shreds of paper sailed through the air"; "The searchlights swept across the sky"
9. sweep - verb
· sweep with a broom or as if with a broom; "Sweep the crumbs off the table"; "Sweep under the bed"
10. sweep - verb
· force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action; "They were swept up by the events"; "don't drag me into this business"
11. sweep - verb
· to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor"; "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
12. sweep - verb
· clean by sweeping; "Please sweep the floor"
13. sweep - verb
· win an overwhelming victory in or on; "Her new show dog swept all championships"
14. sweep - verb
· cover the entire range of
15. sweep - verb
· make a big sweeping gesture or movement
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.