1. firing - noun
· the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy; "hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes"; "they retreated in the face of withering enemy fire"
2. firing - noun
· the act of discharging a gun
3. firing - noun
· the act of setting something on fire
4. firing - noun
· the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
5. fire - verb
· start firing a weapon
6. fire - verb
· cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
7. fire - verb
· bake in a kiln so as to harden; "fire pottery"
8. fire - verb
· terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
9. fire - verb
· go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
10. fire - verb
· drive out or away by or as if by fire; "The soldiers were fired"; "Surrender fires the cold skepticism"
11. fire - verb
· call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
12. fire - verb
· destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
13. fire - verb
· provide with fuel; "Oil fires the furnace"
14. fire - verb
· generate an electrical impulse; "the neurons fired fast"
15. fire - verb
· become ignited; "The furnace wouldn't fire"
16. fire - verb
· start or maintain a fire in; "fire the furnace"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.