1. lighting - noun
· having abundant light or illumination; "they played as long as it was light"; "as long as the lighting was good"
2. lighting - noun
· apparatus for supplying artificial light effects for the stage or a film
3. lighting - noun
· the craft of providing artificial light; "an interior decorator must understand lighting"
4. lighting - noun
· the act of setting something on fire
5. light - verb
· make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
6. light - verb
· begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
7. light - verb
· to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
8. light - verb
· cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
9. light - verb
· fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
10. light - verb
· alight from (a horse)
11. light - verb
· start or maintain a fire in; "fire the furnace"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.