1. cracking - noun
· a sudden sharp noise; "the crack of a whip"; "he heard the cracking of the ice"; "he can hear the snap of a twig"
2. cracking - noun
· the act of cracking something
3. cracking - noun
· the process whereby heavy molecules of naphtha or petroleum are broken down into hydrocarbons of lower molecular weight (especially in the oil-refining process)
4. crack - verb
· become fractured; break or crack on the surface only; "The glass cracked when it was heated"
5. crack - verb
· make a very sharp explosive sound; "His gun cracked"
6. crack - verb
· make a sharp sound; "his fingers snapped"
7. crack - verb
· hit forcefully; deal a hard blow, making a cracking noise; "The teacher cracked him across the face with a ruler"
8. crack - verb
· pass through (a barrier); "Registrations cracked through the 30,000 mark in the county"
9. crack - verb
· break partially but keep its integrity; "The glass cracked"
10. crack - verb
· break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension; "The pipe snapped"
11. crack - verb
· gain unauthorized access computers with malicious intentions; "she cracked my password"; "crack a safe"
12. crack - verb
· suffer a nervous breakdown
13. crack - verb
· tell spontaneously; "crack a joke"
14. crack - verb
· cause to become cracked; "heat and light cracked the back of the leather chair"
15. crack - verb
· reduce (petroleum) to a simpler compound by cracking
16. crack - verb
· break into simpler molecules by means of heat; "The petroleum cracked"
17. cracking - adjective
· very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"; "we had a grand old time"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.