1. sound - noun
· the particular auditory effect produced by a given cause; "the sound of rain on the roof"; "the beautiful sound of music"
2. sound - noun
· the subjective sensation of hearing something; "he strained to hear the faint sounds"
3. sound - noun
· mechanical vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium; "falling trees make a sound in the forest even when no one is there to hear them"
4. sound - noun
· the sudden occurrence of an audible event; "the sound awakened them"
5. sound - noun
· the audible part of a transmitted signal; "they always raise the audio for commercials"
6. sound - noun
· (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
7. sound - noun
· a narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water
8. sound - noun
· a large ocean inlet or deep bay; "the main body of the sound ran parallel to the coast"
9. sound - verb
· appear in a certain way; "This sounds interesting"
10. sound - verb
· make a certain noise or sound; "She went `Mmmmm'"; "The gun went `bang'"
11. sound - verb
· give off a certain sound or sounds; "This record sounds scratchy"
12. sound - verb
· announce by means of a sound; "sound the alarm"
13. sound - verb
· utter with vibrating vocal chords
14. sound - verb
· cause to sound; "sound the bell"; "sound a certain note"
15. sound - verb
· measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line
16. sound - adjective
· financially secure and safe; "sound investments"; "a sound economy"
17. sound - adjective
· exercising or showing good judgment; "healthy scepticism"; "a healthy fear of rattlesnakes"; "the healthy attitude of French laws"; "healthy relations between labor and management"; "an intelligent solution"; "a sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"
18. sound - adjective
· in good condition; free from defect or damage or decay; "a sound timber"; "the wall is sound"; "a sound foundation"
19. sound - adjective
· in excellent physical condition; "good teeth"; "I still have one good leg"; "a sound mind in a sound body"
20. sound - adjective
· logically valid; "a sound argument"
21. sound - adjective
· having legal efficacy or force; "a sound title to the property"
22. sound - adjective
· vigorous or severe; "a sound thrashing"
23. sound - adjective
· free from moral defect; "a man of sound character"
24. sound - adjective
· (of sleep) deep and complete; "a heavy sleep"; "fell into a profound sleep"; "a sound sleeper"; "deep wakeless sleep"
25. sound - adjective
· complete; thorough; "politicians have no sound grasp of technology issues"; "he has a sound understanding of the law"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.