Dictionary Results for fit|
1. fit - noun
· a display of bad temper; "he had a fit"; "she threw a tantrum"; "he made a scene"
Synonym(s): tantrum, scene, conniption
Hypernym(s): bad_temper, ill_temper
2. fit - noun
· a sudden uncontrollable attack; "a paroxysm of giggling"; "a fit of coughing"; "convulsions of laughter"
Synonym(s): paroxysm, convulsion
3. fit - noun
· the manner in which something fits; "I admired the fit of her coat"
Hypernym(s): manner, mode, style, way, fashion
4. fit - noun
· a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason); "a burst of applause"; "a fit of housecleaning"
5. fit - verb
· be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
Synonym(s): suit, accommodate
Hypernym(s): fit, conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
6. fit - verb
· be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; "This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
7. fit - verb
· make fit; "fit a dress"; "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
Hypernym(s): shape, form
8. fit - verb
· insert or adjust several objects or people; "Can you fit the toy into the box?"; "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
Hypernym(s): adapt, accommodate
9. fit - verb
· be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
Synonym(s): match, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
Hypernym(s): equal, be
10. fit - verb
· conform to some shape or size; "How does this shirt fit?"
11. fit - verb
· provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose; "The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
Synonym(s): equip, fit_out, outfit
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
12. fit - verb
· fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction; "does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"; "This job doesn't match my dreams"; "meet a need"
Synonym(s): conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
13. fit - verb
· make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
Hypernym(s): adjust, set, correct
14. fit - adjective
· meeting adequate standards for a purpose; "a fit subject for discussion"; "it is fit and proper that you be there"; "water fit to drink"; "fit for duty"; "do as you see fit to"
15. fit - adjective
· (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed; "in no fit state to continue"; "fit to drop"; "laughing fit to burst"; "she was fit to scream"; "primed for a fight"; "we are set to go at any time"
Synonym(s): primed, set
16. fit - adjective
· physically and mentally sound or healthy; "felt relaxed and fit after their holiday"; "keeps fit with diet and exercise"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.