1. suit - noun
· a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color; "they buried him in his best suit"
2. suit - noun
· a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy; "the family brought suit against the landlord"
3. suit - noun
· (slang) a businessman dressed in a business suit; "all the suits care about is the bottom line"
4. suit - noun
· a man's courting of a woman; seeking the affections of a woman (usually with the hope of marriage); "its was a brief and intense courtship"
5. suit - noun
· a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank
6. suit - noun
· playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color; "a flush is five cards in the same suit"; "in bridge you must follow suit"; "what suit is trumps?"
7. suit - verb
· be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
8. suit - verb
· be agreeable or acceptable; "This time suits me"
9. suit - verb
· accord or comport with; "This kind of behavior does not suit a young woman!"
10. suit - verb
· enhance the appearance of; "Mourning becomes Electra"; "This behavior doesn't suit you!"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.