Dictionary Results for shape|
1. shape - noun
· any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline); "he could barely make out their shapes"
Synonym(s): form, configuration, contour, conformation
Hypernym(s): spatial_property, spatiality
2. shape - noun
· the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
3. shape - noun
· alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body"; "he has a strong physique"; "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
Synonym(s): human_body, physical_body, material_body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh
Hypernym(s): body, organic_structure
4. shape - noun
· a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept; "a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life"
Hypernym(s): concretism, concrete_representation
5. shape - noun
· the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features"
Synonym(s): form, cast
Hypernym(s): appearance, visual_aspect
6. shape - noun
· the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
Hypernym(s): good_health, healthiness
7. shape - noun
· the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
Synonym(s): Supreme_Headquarters_Allied_Powers_Europe, SHAPE
Hypernym(s): high_command, supreme_headquarters
8. shape - noun
· a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
Synonym(s): form, pattern
9. shape - verb
· shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
Synonym(s): determine, mold, influence, regulate
Hypernym(s): cause, do, make
10. shape - verb
· make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
Synonym(s): form, work, mold, mould, forge
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
11. shape - verb
· give shape or form to; "shape the dough"; "form the young child's character"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.