Dictionary Results for forge|
1. forge - noun
· furnace consisting of a special hearth where metal is heated before shaping
2. forge - noun
· a workplace where metal is worked by heating and hammering
Hypernym(s): workplace, work
3. forge - verb
· create by hammering; "hammer the silver into a bowl"; "forge a pair of tongues"
4. forge - verb
· make a copy of with the intent to deceive; "he faked the signature"; "they counterfeited dollar bills"; "She forged a Green Card"
Synonym(s): fake, counterfeit
5. forge - verb
· come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort; "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
Synonym(s): invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate
Hypernym(s): create_by_mental_act, create_mentally
6. forge - verb
· move ahead steadily; "He forged ahead"
Hypernym(s): advance, progress, pass_on, move_on, march_on, go_on
7. forge - verb
· move or act with a sudden increase in speed or energy
Synonym(s): spurt, spirt
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
8. forge - verb
· make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
Synonym(s): shape, form, work, mold, mould
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
9. forge - verb
· make out of components (often in an improvising manner); "She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.