Dictionary Results for pattern|
1. pattern - noun
· a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
Synonym(s): form, shape
2. pattern - noun
· a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
3. pattern - noun
· a decorative or artistic work; "the coach had a design on the doors"
Synonym(s): design, figure
Hypernym(s): decoration, ornament, ornamentation
4. pattern - noun
· something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
Synonym(s): convention, normal, rule, formula
5. pattern - noun
· a model considered worthy of imitation; "the American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics"
Hypernym(s): exemplar, example, model, good_example
6. pattern - noun
· something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
Synonym(s): blueprint, design
Hypernym(s): plan, program, programme
7. pattern - noun
· the path that is prescribed for an airplane that is preparing to land at an airport; "the traffic patterns around O'Hare are very crowded"; "they stayed in the pattern until the fog lifted"
Synonym(s): traffic_pattern, approach_pattern
Hypernym(s): path, route, itinerary
8. pattern - noun
· graphical representation (in polar or Cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle
Synonym(s): radiation_pattern, radiation_diagram
Hypernym(s): graph, graphical_record, graphical_recording
9. pattern - verb
· plan or create according to a model or models
Hypernym(s): imitate, copy, simulate
10. pattern - verb
· form a pattern; "These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before"
Hypernym(s): match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.