Dictionary Results for body|
1. body - noun
· the entire physical structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being); "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
2. body - noun
· a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity; "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"; "the student body"; "administrative body"
3. body - noun
· a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person; "they found the body in the lake"
4. body - noun
· an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects; "heavenly body"
5. body - noun
· the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
Synonym(s): torso, trunk
6. body - noun
· a collection of particulars considered as a system; "a body of law"; "a body of doctrine"; "a body of precedents"
Hypernym(s): system, scheme
7. body - noun
· the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
Synonym(s): consistency, consistence, substance
8. body - noun
· the central message of a communication; "the body of the message was short"
Hypernym(s): message, content, subject_matter, substance
9. body - noun
· the main mass of a thing
10. body - noun
· a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
Hypernym(s): resonator, cavity_resonator, resonating_chamber
11. body - noun
· the external structure of a vehicle; "the body of the car was badly rusted"
Hypernym(s): structure, construction
12. body - verb
· invest with or as with a body; give body to
Hypernym(s): embody, be, personify
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.