Dictionary Results for system|
1. system - noun
· instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity; "he bought a new stereo system"; "the system consists of a motor and a small computer"
Hypernym(s): instrumentality, instrumentation
2. system - noun
· a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole; "a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going"
Hypernym(s): group, grouping
3. system - noun
· (physical chemistry) a sample of matter in which substances in different phases are in equilibrium; "in a static system oil cannot be replaced by water on a surface"; "a system generating hydrogen peroxide"
4. system - noun
· a complex of methods or rules governing behavior; "they have to operate under a system they oppose"; "that language has a complex system for indicating gender"
5. system - noun
· an organized structure for arranging or classifying; "he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
Synonym(s): arrangement, organization, organisation
6. system - noun
· a group of physiologically or anatomically related organs or parts; "the body has a system of organs for digestion"
7. system - noun
· a procedure or process for obtaining an objective; "they had to devise a system that did not depend on cooperation"
8. system - noun
· the living body considered as made up of interdependent components forming a unified whole; "exercise helped him get the alcohol out of his system"
9. system - noun
· an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; "his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality"; "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
Synonym(s): organization, organisation
Hypernym(s): orderliness, methodicalness
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.