Dictionary Results for content|
1. content - noun
· (usually plural) everything that is included in a collection and that is held or included in something; "he emptied the contents of his pockets"; "the two groups were similar in content"
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
2. content - noun
· what a communication that is about something is about
Synonym(s): message, subject_matter, substance
3. content - noun
· the proportion of a substance that is contained in a mixture or alloy etc.
4. content - noun
· the amount that can be contained; "the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
5. content - noun
· the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned
Synonym(s): cognitive_content, mental_object
Hypernym(s): cognition, knowledge, noesis
6. content - noun
· the state of being contented with your situation in life; "he relaxed in sleepy contentedness"; "they could read to their heart's content"
7. content - noun
· something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation; "a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject"
Synonym(s): subject, depicted_object
8. content - verb
· satisfy in a limited way; "He contented himself with one glass of beer per day"
Hypernym(s): fit, conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
9. content - verb
· make content; "I am contented"
Hypernym(s): satisfy, gratify
10. content - adjective
· satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are; "a contented smile"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.