1. scale - noun
· an ordered reference standard; "judging on a scale of 1 to 10"
2. scale - noun
· relative magnitude; "they entertained on a grand scale"
3. scale - noun
· the ratio between the size of something and a representation of it; "the scale of the map"; "the scale of the model"
4. scale - noun
· a specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
5. scale - noun
· a thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
6. scale - noun
· (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
7. scale - noun
· a measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass
8. scale - noun
· an indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
9. scale - noun
· a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
10. scale - noun
· a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
11. scale - verb
· measure by or as if by a scale; "This bike scales only 25 pounds"
12. scale - verb
· pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
13. scale - verb
· take by attacking with scaling ladders; "The troops scaled the walls of the fort"
14. scale - verb
· reach the highest point of; "We scaled the Mont Blanc"
15. scale - verb
· climb up by means of a ladder
16. scale - verb
· remove the scales from; "scale fish"
17. scale - verb
· measure with or as if with scales; "scale the gold"
18. scale - verb
· size or measure according to a scale; "This model must be scaled down"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.