1. shell - noun
· ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun
2. shell - noun
· the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals
3. shell - noun
· hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
4. shell - noun
· the hard usually fibrous outer layer of some fruits especially nuts
5. shell - noun
· the exterior covering of a bird's egg
6. shell - noun
· a rigid covering that envelops an object; "the satellite is covered with a smooth shell of ice"
7. shell - noun
· a very light narrow racing boat
8. shell - noun
· the housing or outer covering of something; "the clock has a walnut case"
9. shell - noun
· a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
10. shell - noun
· the hard largely calcareous covering of a mollusc or a brachiopod
11. shell - verb
· use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
12. shell - verb
· create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
13. shell - verb
· fall out of the pod or husk; "The corn shelled"
14. shell - verb
· hit the pitches of hard and regularly; "He shelled the pitcher for eight runs in the first inning"
15. shell - verb
· look for and collect shells by the seashore
16. shell - verb
· come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
17. shell - verb
· remove from its shell or outer covering; "shell the legumes"; "shell mussels"
18. shell - verb
· remove the husks from; "husk corn"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.