1. shell - noun
· ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun
2. shell - noun
· the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals
3. shell - noun
· hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
4. shell - noun
· the hard usually fibrous outer layer of some fruits especially nuts
5. shell - noun
· the exterior covering of a bird's egg
6. shell - noun
· a rigid covering that envelops an object; "the satellite is covered with a smooth shell of ice"
7. shell - noun
· a very light narrow racing boat
8. shell - noun
· the housing or outer covering of something; "the clock has a walnut case"
9. shell - noun
· a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
10. shell - noun
· the hard largely calcareous covering of a mollusc or a brachiopod
11. shell - verb
· use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
12. shell - verb
· create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
13. shell - verb
· fall out of the pod or husk; "The corn shelled"
14. shell - verb
· hit the pitches of hard and regularly; "He shelled the pitcher for eight runs in the first inning"
15. shell - verb
· look for and collect shells by the seashore
16. shell - verb
· come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
17. shell - verb
· remove from its shell or outer covering; "shell the legumes"; "shell mussels"
18. shell - verb
· remove the husks from; "husk corn"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.