1. lay - noun
· a narrative song with a recurrent refrain
2. lay - noun
· a narrative poem of popular origin
3. lay - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
4. lay - verb
· put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
5. lay - verb
· prepare or position for action or operation; "lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
6. lay - verb
· lay eggs; "This hen doesn't lay"
7. lay - verb
· impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.