1. beating - noun
· the act of overcoming or outdoing
2. beating - noun
· the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows
3. beat - verb
· come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
4. beat - verb
· give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression; "Thugs beat him up when he walked down the street late at night"; "The teacher used to beat the students"
5. beat - verb
· hit repeatedly; "beat on the door"; "beat the table with his shoe"
6. beat - verb
· move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast"
7. beat - verb
· shape by beating; "beat swords into ploughshares"
8. beat - verb
· make a rhythmic sound; "Rain drummed against the windshield"; "The drums beat all night"
9. beat - verb
· glare or strike with great intensity; "The sun was beating down on us"
10. beat - verb
· move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
11. beat - verb
· sail with much tacking or with difficulty; "The boat beat in the strong wind"
12. beat - verb
· stir vigorously; "beat the egg whites"; "beat the cream"
13. beat - verb
· strike (a part of one's own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music; "beat one's breast"; "beat one's foot rhythmically"
14. beat - verb
· be superior; "Reading beats watching television"; "This sure beats work!"
15. beat - verb
· avoid paying; "beat the subway fare"
16. beat - verb
· make a sound like a clock or a timer; "the clocks were ticking"; "the grandfather clock beat midnight"
17. beat - verb
· move with a flapping motion; "The bird's wings were flapping"
18. beat - verb
· indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks; "Beat the rhythm"
19. beat - verb
· move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
20. beat - verb
· make by pounding or trampling; "beat a path through the forest"
21. beat - verb
· produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly; "beat the drum"
22. beat - verb
· strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
23. beat - verb
· beat through cleverness and wit; "I beat the traffic"; "She outfoxed her competitors"
24. beat - verb
· be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
25. beat - verb
· wear out completely; "This kind of work exhausts me"; "I'm beat"; "He was all washed up after the exam"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.