1. stick - noun
· an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
2. stick - noun
· a small thin branch of a tree
3. stick - noun
· a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane
4. stick - noun
· a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine
5. stick - noun
· informal terms for the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
6. stick - noun
· a long implement (usually made of wood) that is shaped so that hockey or polo players can hit a puck or ball
7. stick - noun
· a long thin implement resembling a length of wood; "cinnamon sticks"; "a stick of dynamite"
8. stick - noun
· marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking
9. stick - noun
· threat of a penalty; "the policy so far is all stick and no carrot"
10. stick - verb
· put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
11. stick - verb
· stay put (in a certain place); "We are staying in Detroit; we are not moving to Cincinnati"; "Stay put in the corner here!"; "Stick around and you will learn something!"
12. stick - verb
· stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"
13. stick - verb
· be or become fixed; "The door sticks--we will have to plane it"
14. stick - verb
· endure; "The label stuck to her for the rest of her life"
15. stick - verb
· be a devoted follower or supporter; "The residents of this village adhered to Catholicism"; "She sticks to her principles"
16. stick - verb
· be loyal to; "She stood by her husband in times of trouble"; "The friends stuck together through the war"
17. stick - verb
· cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface; "stick some feathers in the turkey before you serve it"
18. stick - verb
· fasten with an adhesive material like glue; "stick the poster onto the wall"
19. stick - verb
· fasten with or as with pins or nails; "stick the photo onto the corkboard"
20. stick - verb
· fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something; "stick the corner of the sheet under the mattress"
21. stick - verb
· pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument; "he stuck the cloth with the needle"
22. stick - verb
· pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed; "He stuck the needle into his finger"
23. stick - verb
· come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
24. stick - verb
· saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous; "They stuck me with the dinner bill"; "I was stung with a huge tax bill"
25. stick - verb
· be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.