1. pound - noun
· 16 ounces avoirdupois; "he got a hernia when he tried to lift 100 pounds"
2. pound - noun
· the basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland; equal to 100 pence
3. pound - noun
· a unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces troy
4. pound - noun
· the basic unit of money in Syria; equal to 100 piasters
5. pound - noun
· the basic unit of money in the Sudan; equal to 100 piasters
6. pound - noun
· the basic unit of money in Lebanon; equal to 100 piasters
7. pound - noun
· formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
8. pound - noun
· the basic unit of money in Egypt; equal to 100 piasters
9. pound - noun
· the basic unit of money in Cyprus; equal to 100 cents
10. pound - noun
· a nontechnical unit of force equal to the mass of 1 pound with an acceleration of free fall equal to 32 feet/sec/sec
11. pound - noun
· United States writer who lived in Europe; strongly influenced the development of modern literature (1885-1972)
12. pound - noun
· a symbol for a unit of currency (especially for the pound sterling in Great Britain)
13. pound - noun
· a public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs; "unlicensed dogs will be taken to the pound"
14. pound - noun
· the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows); "the sudden hammer of fists caught him off guard"; "the pounding of feet on the hallway"
15. pound - verb
· hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
16. pound - verb
· strike or drive against with a heavy impact; "ram the gate with a sledgehammer"; "pound on the door"
17. pound - verb
· move heavily or clumsily; "The heavy man lumbered across the room"
18. pound - verb
· move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast"
19. pound - verb
· partition off into compartments; "The locks pound the water of the canal"
20. pound - verb
· shut up or confine in any enclosure or within any bounds or limits; "The prisoners are safely pounded"
21. pound - verb
· place or shut up in a pound; "pound the cows so they don't stray"
22. pound - verb
· break down and crush by beating, as with a pestle; "pound the roots with a heavy flat stone"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.