1. poke - noun
· tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes; young fleshy stems are edible; berries and root are poisonous
2. poke - noun
· someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind
3. poke - noun
· a bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases
4. poke - noun
· a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow); "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
5. poke - noun
· (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
6. poke - verb
· poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
7. poke - verb
· search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
8. poke - verb
· stir by poking; "poke the embers in the fireplace"
9. poke - verb
· hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
10. poke - verb
· make a hole by poking
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.