1. partition - noun
· a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another)
2. partition - noun
· (computer science) the part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit
3. partition - noun
· (anatomy) a structure that separates areas in an organism
4. partition - noun
· the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
5. partition - verb
· divide into parts, pieces, or sections; "The Arab peninsula was partitioned by the British"
6. partition - verb
· separate or apportion into sections; "partition a room off"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.