1. swallow - noun
· a small amount of liquid food; "a sup of ale"
2. swallow - noun
· the act of swallowing; "one swallow of the liquid was enough"; "he took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips"
3. swallow - noun
· small long-winged songbird noted for swift graceful flight and the regularity of its migrations
4. swallow - verb
· pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking; "Swallow the raw fish--it won't kill you!"
5. swallow - verb
· engulf and destroy; "The Nazis swallowed the Baltic countries"
6. swallow - verb
· enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing; "The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
7. swallow - verb
· utter indistinctly; "She swallowed the last words of her speech"
8. swallow - verb
· take back what one has said; "He swallowed his words"
9. swallow - verb
· keep from expressing; "I swallowed my anger and kept quiet"
10. swallow - verb
· tolerate or accommodate oneself to; "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"; "I swallowed the insult"; "She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
11. swallow - verb
· believe or accept without questioning or challenge; "Am I supposed to swallow that story?"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.