1. put_up - verb
· place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
2. put_up - verb
· mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
3. put_up - verb
· construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
4. put_up - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
5. put_up - verb
· make available for sale at an auction; "The dealer put up three of his most valuable paintings for auction"
6. put_up - verb
· preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
7. put_up - verb
· provide housing for; "The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
8. put_up - verb
· provide; "The city has to put up half the required amount"
9. put_up - verb
· propose as a candidate for some honor
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.