Dictionary Results for put_up|
1. put_up - verb
· place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
Hypernym(s): install, instal, put_in, set_up
2. put_up - verb
· mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
Synonym(s): provide, offer
Hypernym(s): engage, wage
3. put_up - verb
· construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
Synonym(s): raise, erect, rear, set_up
Hypernym(s): construct, build, make
4. put_up - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
Synonym(s): digest, endure, stick_out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer
Hypernym(s): permit, allow, let, countenance
5. put_up - verb
· make available for sale at an auction; "The dealer put up three of his most valuable paintings for auction"
6. put_up - verb
· preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
Synonym(s): can, tin
Hypernym(s): preserve, keep
7. put_up - verb
· provide housing for; "The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
Synonym(s): house, domiciliate
8. put_up - verb
· provide; "The city has to put up half the required amount"
9. put_up - verb
· propose as a candidate for some honor
Synonym(s): nominate, put_forward
Hypernym(s): nominate, propose
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.