Dictionary Results for rear|
1. rear - noun
· the back of a military formation or procession; "infantrymen were in the rear"
2. rear - noun
· the side of an object that is opposite its front; "his room was toward the rear of the hotel"
Synonym(s): backside, back_end
Hypernym(s): side, face
3. rear - noun
· the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
Hypernym(s): position, place
4. rear - noun
· the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonym(s): buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind_end, keister, posterior, prat, rear_end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail_end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
5. rear - noun
· the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
6. rear - verb
· stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
7. rear - verb
· look after a child until it is an adult; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
Synonym(s): raise, bring_up, nurture, parent
8. rear - verb
· rise up; "The building rose before them"
Synonym(s): rise, lift
Hypernym(s): look, appear, seem
9. rear - verb
· cause to rise up
Hypernym(s): raise, lift, elevate, get_up, bring_up
10. rear - verb
· construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
Synonym(s): raise, erect, set_up, put_up
Hypernym(s): construct, build, make
11. rear - adjective
· located in or toward the back or rear; "the chair's rear legs"; "the rear door of the plane"; "on the rearward side"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.