Dictionary Results for engage|
1. engage - verb
· carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion"
Synonym(s): prosecute, pursue
Hypernym(s): act, move
2. engage - verb
· consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
Synonym(s): absorb, engross, occupy
3. engage - verb
· engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
Synonym(s): hire, employ
4. engage - verb
· ask to represent; of legal counsel; "I'm retaining a lawyer"
Hypernym(s): hire, engage, employ
5. engage - verb
· give to in marriage
Synonym(s): betroth, affiance, plight
6. engage - verb
· get caught; "make sure the gear is engaged"
7. engage - verb
· carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns); "Napoleon and Hitler waged war against all of Europe"
Hypernym(s): contend, fight, struggle
8. engage - verb
· hire for work or assistance; "engage aid, help, services, or support"
Hypernym(s): procure, secure
9. engage - verb
· engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
Synonym(s): lease, rent, hire, charter, take
Hypernym(s): get, acquire
10. engage - verb
· keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
Synonym(s): mesh, lock, operate
Hypernym(s): move, displace
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.