Dictionary Results for can|
1. can - noun
· airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
Synonym(s): tin, tin_can
2. can - noun
· the quantity contained in a can
3. can - noun
· a buoy with a round bottom and conical top
4. can - noun
· the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonym(s): buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, fundament, hindquarters, hind_end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear_end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail_end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
5. can - noun
· a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
Synonym(s): toilet, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne
6. can - noun
· a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
Synonym(s): toilet, lavatory, lav, john, privy, bathroom
7. can - verb
· preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
Synonym(s): tin, put_up
Hypernym(s): preserve, keep
8. can - verb
· terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
Synonym(s): displace, fire, give_notice, dismiss, give_the_axe, send_away, sack, force_out, give_the_sack, terminate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.