Dictionary Results for let|
1. let - noun
· a brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India; "Lashkar-e-Toiba has committed mass murders of civilian Hindus"
Synonym(s): Lashkar-e-Taiba, Lashkar-e-Toiba, Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, LET, Army_of_the_Pure, Army_of_the_Righteous
2. let - noun
· a serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
Hypernym(s): serve, service
3. let - verb
· make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
Synonym(s): allow, permit
4. let - verb
· actively cause something to happen; "I let it be known that I was not interested"
Hypernym(s): induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
5. let - verb
· consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
Synonym(s): permit, allow, countenance
Hypernym(s): accept, consent, go_for
6. let - verb
· cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
Synonym(s): get, have
Hypernym(s): make, get
7. let - verb
· leave unchanged; "let it be"
Hypernym(s): leave, leave_alone, leave_behind, let_alone
8. let - verb
· grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
Synonym(s): lease, rent
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.